Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
The FFCX does not use Flashprint.

It is not a USB issue as the printer continues to 'go through the motions'. The USB problem is common to all FFC_ printers but will stop the printer completely.

If the filament got snagged there would definitely be a clicking noise so I would rule out that.

I had something like this once, way back with some bad PLA. It would break in the feeder tube (probably too dry/brittle). What little was still clamped by the extruder wheel would go through and then nothing else came out despite the printer still printing. Re-load filament and try again. So on and so on until I finally got it.

It could be a loose cable to the extruder. Check those too. And definitely run the print on the other extruder in the meantime.
WOW, full attack mode on my suggestions. That's what I get for trying to help?

He said it was a "FFCP" not a "FFCX" thus it came with Flashprint - at least mine did.

I asked about the USB since mine was problematic on a USB 3 port but fine on a USB 2 and if he is printing from a card then that is ruled out. When I turned off power management on all USB ports things improved and I am able to use the USB 3. The point is to rule out possible communication issues.

I have had filament "snag" or rather the spool was dragging after time due to the spool changing position and rubbing on the holder and it simply stripped out the filament and no "clicking".

And since you feel the need to pick my efforts to help apart, he already stated that it is having the issue on BOTH extruders so using the "other" one would seem pointless.