Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have decided to apply this to the worst performing printer first so I still have 2 working machines to aid in this effort. The aluminum plate looks good on my home made machine..

I have decided for the time to stay with the mk8 extruder at least until it is printing as good as the geeetech i3. So I have the monoprice mini printing out a simple mount that will attach to the nema17 stepper motor and hold the sensor..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I needed a 300x200 print bed for a specific project which I can now take. A while ago I put a double din android head unit in my car that is only meant for a 1.5 din radio. I made it fit but it is less than pretty..

So I made a few pieces trying to get something that will fit and hide the ugly. The printer is doing real good and the aluminum bed is sweet. Here are the first few bezels I made..

Once I had the basic shap and size right I switched to the black and rounded the edges and junk and printed this..

And while it is not exactly attractive itself it does look better than what it was before..

I will probably remake this piece a bunch more until I get it even better but that black bezel was 230mm wide.