Close

Hybrid View

Your project is looking good. Nice work.
    What kind of tri-color form are you thinking of making?
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Your project is looking good. Nice work.
    What kind of tri-color form are you thinking of making?
    Thank you. I am or was actually hoping to make more than 3 colors. I am new to 3d printing but have some light experience with Arduino boards and am very experienced at fabrication and electrical/electronic systems in the automotive industry. When I saw the mixing extruder, I thought it could be setup to blend filaments and figured if I loaded in the 3 primary colors then with software controlling feedrates I should be able to make every color in the rainbow. That was the whole purpose behind the 3 gear reduction extruders was to give better control over low feedrates because if you want the same amount of filament out of 2 filaments then the extruders have to run at 1/2 speed. I am learning that control does not exist that I have found, or at least yet. But it is a great idea. I am not a programmer and my programming skills are weak at best. So I wont be writing my own software to make purple out of red and blue. I will find it or it wont happen for me.

You are doing a nice job. Three color prints are very cool.
    Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Thank you. I am or was actually hoping to make more than 3 colors. I am new to 3d printing but have some light experience with Arduino boards and am very experienced at fabrication and electrical/electronic systems in the automotive industry. When I saw the mixing extruder, I thought it could be setup to blend filaments and figured if I loaded in the 3 primary colors then with software controlling feedrates I should be able to make every color in the rainbow. That was the whole purpose behind the 3 gear reduction extruders was to give better control over low feedrates because if you want the same amount of filament out of 2 filaments then the extruders have to run at 1/2 speed. I am learning that control does not exist that I have found, or at least yet. But it is a great idea. I am not a programmer and my programming skills are weak at best. So I wont be writing my own software to make purple out of red and blue. I will find it or it wont happen for me.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq