I think they are onto something. If they had a split cube that gave you a 15, 30 and 45-degree blocks you could do better angles without throwing too much more complexity at the user. Most people understand angles too. I like the concept and hope they make it. I like to see success stories come out of fun ideas.

I still think the SketchUp method of additive building is one of the simplest and that's free for the simple version. I think what curses most general consumers is that when they open a program that has a lot of features, they somehow never see the simple ones first. They get overwhelmed very quickly by all of the options that are available. Developers could do a better job by having switchable workspaces named: Basic, Advanced and Expert. The first time you opened the software the screen would be in Basic mode and only a very few necessary items are visible and available. You'd learn to create there. Then, once you had that figured out, you could turn Advanced on. That would add more tools and not be too overwhelming as you'd already have your foot in the door.

Good luck "cube" guys...