Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Well, after a lot of cursing and head scratching, I figured it out. I had the E-steps on the extruder set way, way too high. They were over 800 I cranked them down 100 steps at a time until I got something that looked like 100 mm of filament or so then did a calibration test and ill be damned if I was only one step off from as close to perfect as I can get. No more skipping. No more piles of ground up filament in the extruder.

Thanks for all the advice.

Scott

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMacZed View Post
    Well, after a lot of cursing and head scratching, I figured it out. I had the E-steps on the extruder set way, way too high. They were over 800 I cranked them down 100 steps at a time until I got something that looked like 100 mm of filament or so then did a calibration test and ill be damned if I was only one step off from as close to perfect as I can get. No more skipping. No more piles of ground up filament in the extruder.

Thanks for all the advice.

Scott
    I am glad to hear you got it resolved! If it makes you feel any better. With my first Prusa IV3 it took me about 5 months to resolve my extruder issues.