Hello everyone,

I am brand new to 3d printing. I have been researching printers for quite some time now and have been finding it hard to choose. I recently came across the Makerfarm 12" Pegasus and I am very intrigued. I understand its a big printer for new guy, but one of the things I am hoping to print is props and armor (kids size Star Wars, etc.) so I'm pretty certain that the larger size build platform will be very advantageous.

I have a couple questions.

1. I am pretty handy, but I sometimes lack patience. How challenging can it be to get a machine like this set up properly (and square)? I really feel that I would be better off with a kit simply to understand how the machine is made and to be able to repair/upgrade as needed. But I am also slightly intimidated as it has been long time since I have done anything of this sort.

2. Could you recommend a list of tools that will be useful during assembly. I read a lot about calipers, tweezers, and other things, but have yet to find a neat list of recommendations.

3. Just how noisy are these things? I don't have a basement or workshop to put it in. Living in NC means that my garage is usually around 90 degrees most of the summer. Plus, the wind likes to blow a lot of junk into the garage when my kids leave it open. I just don't want it to be annoying to my wife, or distracting to my kids when they are doing homework.

Thanks in advance. Feel free to share your experiences with this machine here because it will all be helpful.