Close

3D Printing Market Will Grow Faster Than Experts Believe

I did this article this morning, because something has been bugging me. I know I am a techno-optimist, however the numbers on growth of the 3D printing market we have been getting doesn't add up to me. I feel that even though estimated growth numbers of the market seem high, I think they will be much higher. So many industries are adopting 3D printing in so many different way, and the technology is progressing so rapidly that there will be an explosion of ideas, and innovations within the industry over the next 5-6 years.
    http://3dprint.com/1925/why-the-futu...nderestimated/
    Feel free to give me your opinion. Do you agree, or disagree, and why?

Hello Brian. You are on the right track, I think. Even the most aggressive forecast of growth in the 3D Printing space are conservative to the point of being overly cautious. HP is set to announce it's official entry in October 2014 with what promises to be cutting edge technology related to increasing print speed markedly. I predict that mass consumer adoption with be well established 5 years hence. Clinical trials in drug testing will be greatly accelerated with the use of 3D Printing technology the time needed to develop and test new drugs. The acceleration and advancement of cures for diseases such as Cancer and Diabetes will serve to validate 3D Printing as a right of passage. Applications for the use of 3D Printers are now minuscule compared to what is possible. The word "revolution" has been used correctly when describing the impact of 3D Printing on our world, I think. Revolution, a profound, far-reaching and dramatic change, in my mind are uses of the written word that describe will what is coming.