My second Creator arrived yesterday (the one I was talking about buying in another thread went back, long story). My old one is awaiting a replacement extruder set after some 1000 hours. I anticipated jumping right back in to printing with my second printer, but various gremlins are popping up that I don't remember ever having to deal with when I purchased my first Creator. My printing conditions are as identical to my first printer as I can make them. I even pulled the roll of filament from my old machine to use on the new one. Printing PLA on a glass bed covered with blue tape, 195C/50C (heated platform), 40/70 print/travel speeds. I started having trouble with the first couple of prints with corners curling up, models popping off, etc. Then there was weird printer activity. Twice so far when the machine has completed a print it just stops dead in its tracks instead of lowering the bed and going back to home position. I also can't seem to level the bed for the life of me. Yes, I've used the bed level grid from Thingiverse and I can get everything perfectly level, but run the script 30 seconds later and everything is out of whack again. While I don't remember having so much trouble leveling the bed as a newbie I'm going to assume it just needs time for the bed springs to get worn a bit. As far as the weird printing outcomes, there are a handful of things I can't recreate exactly from my old printer for one reason or another. I'd appreciate input or thoughts on what people think could be causing my problems -

- Kapton tape is still on the new machine's metal bed (with blue tape covered glass on top) while I had removed it from the old one long ago (maybe it's creating an extra layer of insulation?)

- Location of the new machine of course can't be in exactly the same location as the old one. I've noticed the new one is located fairly close to an AC vent. I've since closed the vent and I'm waiting to see if that makes a difference

- With my old machine I always sliced and created my x3g/g-code with Replicator G while with the new machine I'm using Makerware since it's easier for the dual extrusion I'm doing for the first time

- Since I'm using dual extrusion I can't use the heavy duty spring clips I used on my old machine to hold the glass bed down (a problem noted by people in other threads as the nozzles hit the clamps no matter where you put them). Thus I'm just extending the blue tape on the glass bed to tape it down to the heated platform the best that I can. It feels snug but maybe the glass bed is moving and messing up my prints?

Right now what I'm trying is blocking the AC vent and I've also kicked up the bed temperature 15 degrees. I'm in the middle of model 5 right now and 3 of the previous 4 were failures. Definitely frustrating. Any other tips would be welcome. The printer stopping dead once the model finishes is a weird one. Maybe a firmware issue?