Close

Thread: Black ABS

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    Well the ebay suggestion was for a seller in Austrailia and since Geoff said it was "ok" filament I figured I would leave that as a last resort. For now I have ordered this since it got quite a few good reviews. At least I should be able to work with it.

Might try IC3D next time.
    The sainsmart black ABS in the link above may be the answer for me. I printed with it last night and got ok results, at least I didn't have to STOP the print like I did with the FF black. Just got some warping on the left side of the print, which I am going to try to print cooler and see what happens. I was trying 228 with a 110 bed (masking tape), I'm going to step down to 226 and 110 bed. Also going to try ABS slurry to print raftless...a feat I have yet to accomplish successfully. I normally print small parts though...usually no more than 4" x 1" area actually on the bed.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    The sainsmart black ABS in the link above may be the answer for me. I printed with it last night and got ok results, at least I didn't have to STOP the print like I did with the FF black. Just got some warping on the left side of the print, which I am going to try to print cooler and see what happens. I was trying 228 with a 110 bed (masking tape), I'm going to step down to 226 and 110 bed. Also going to try ABS slurry to print raftless...a feat I have yet to accomplish successfully. I normally print small parts though...usually no more than 4" x 1" area actually on the bed.
    Yeah the slurry does work well, but makes a mess of the hotbed thats all. I sell alot of parts, and I print them raftless so I need a pristine shiny surface to print on - the slurry makes surface matte finish when you print out, whereas pure kapton gives you a mirror like finish.