Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
so basically print the black at lower temp then, say 225 or 220 maybe ?

Got a new roll of black from a new supplier (to me) off ebay yesterday - haven't tried it yet . But the transparent filament I bought is great (again, different supplier).
Prices are really coming down - the three rolls I bought were all under £14 each including postage (can't remmber excatly but somewhere around £13.60 ish)

The transparent is really good stuff, nice sharp, clean prints.

I'll try the silver and black later.

For the record the filament that came with the printer was a roll of blue - that was printing great, but something in it blocked the print nozzle - and I haven't touched it since.

The FF white, on the other hand is really excellent. Again, very clean sharp prints even at .3 & .4 I went through about 3/4 of the roll in 2 days with zero issues and zero stringing even on large multipart prints.
While I may have had issues with their black, I will never forget the roll of White ABS that came with my printer... I haven't been able to buy as good as a white since, off anyone, INLCUDING Flashforge. The next white batch they sent me was an off white, and the batch after that was white, but more glossy white off colour. Their original white that came with the machine, printed Dry and perfectly.

The White I got with my machine was this amazing snow white, it was really really bright white.. the best white ABS I have still ever seen printed. I have bought dozens of whites now, and still can't find one as white!!
Every white I buy now is a little off, or bone colour.. man I just want pure white, like cocaine white!