Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

A few Einscans - Just showing off

Below are some of my scans. A lot of them are of the Disney Infinity series figure, some of other things I found around my room.

First one up, is the model I was using to improve the sharness of my scanner: The Hulkbuster. The model is appoximately 4" tall. It's also the first one I painted, since the Einscanner color scans are really not even worth trying.

Next up is a Disney Mickey and Minnie Mouse Music box, called "Rock Around the Clock". It about 6.5" in diameter. This will also get painted, at some time in the future.

Here is another set of Disney Infinity figures, Darth Maul, and Ezra Bridger

More to come.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    They look awesome so far. So will you be releasing the .stl files?

I'm not sure how legal that would be, considering all these are copyrighted material. There will be other things I'll post, but I'm not sure I want to piss off the Disney Company.

Here are a couple of things other than Disney stuff

Here is a little plastic statuette, originally intended to be painted, that came out at the time of Empire Strikes Back

This next one is a wood carved and painted bunny with flowers

This is a Thunderbird Totem Pole of the North Western Aborigine peoples of Vancouver Canada.

I'll try to post these 3 STL files, however, I'll need to reduce the polygon count, as they are currently in the 300-500MB (5-8M triangles).
    Last edited by Dudemeister; 08-14-2016 at 10:35 PM.

Student
    Did you post process these or are they strait from the scans?

Some are straight up scans, others are partially processed. On most of them, the bottom 1-2mm weres cut off to make it flat.

Hulkbuster the bottom of the base was cut off to make it flat, and of course, the model was painted. Othewise, straight form the scanner.

Mickey & Minnie Music box, the area where they hold hands was fixed a little.

Darth Maul & Ezra Bridger, the lightsaber blades didn't scan because they're transparent, so they were modeled separately, and added to the models. Ezra had a little enhancing work around the face, but that's it.

Luke Skywalker had some enhancing work done on him, but the Tauntaun is untouched.

The wood bunny is untouched, and so is the Totem pole.

Technologist
    Nice work !
    Turntable or freescan ?

Student
    Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    Nice work !
    Turntable or freescan ?
    All these are turntable scans. Most of them require multiple passes to get as much of the surface scanned, but the software does a very good job of aligning the scans (better than what I can do manually in MeshLab, anyway).

As promised, here are the STL's.

They've been reduced to about 300-400K triangles, which is more than enough to preserve the details. These STL's are in the 20-30MB range, so I'm posting them on Dropbox.

Enjoy.
    Carved Bunny
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bbogbtftcle7r … K.stl?dl=0
    Luke Skywalker on Tauntaun
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ngc9vie9td0y … K.stl?dl=0
    Totem Pole
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5wkdw3rue08d … _.stl?dl=0
    Last edited by Dudemeister; 08-15-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Technologist
    Here's a couple of my recent efforts.

The Thingiverse owl.
    3D prints scan very well ....

My wife's training shoe ......

And printed with PLA, about 30mm in length .....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast