Prometheus comes as a kit so you would have to assemble it yourself.

Prometheus is VERY different from the Pico because we chose very different design decisions. The Pico has an uncontrolled "transition-zone" which leads to poor PLA printing. It also has a ridiculously long "melt-zone" which results in excess amounts of "ooze", as jimc stated. If you are curious about the Pico real-world performance, look at the review done by Richard Horne (well respected RepRap Core Developer) in his write up for the RepRap Magazine here: http://issuu.com/garyhodgson/docs/re...800691/7156572

Look at his hot end review starting on Page 43. The Pico looks great, but it does have a bunch of significant design flaws that offset the aesthetic beauty...

My hot end is designed to solve all of these problems. Just read through the the Prometheus campaign page and you will have all of the answers. Hot end design is engineering, not sorcery, and every aspect of Prometheus is fully engineered.

--------------

@mttr

As for the 24V compatibility, unfortunately I can only offer 12V systems at this point. If you are keen on supporting this project, I can get some 24V fans but you would need to supply the heater... Sorry about that, but that is the best I can do. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
Eric