Close

Threaded View

Technician
    You will need to measure your Z offset (as you mentioned, by using a piece of paper, and checking the Z position on the LCD) AFTER you run the G-29 ABL command. I run a G-28 to home everything, run ABL, then position my nozzle at 150/150 for X/Y to center in my 12" bed. After this I place a piece of paper (mine is thick, measures .15mm) inbetween the nozzles and the bed. I lower the nozzle until the paper just barely clears (just barely enough resistance to be noticeable), and calculate my offset based on this number.

For example, if my Z offset is currently 4.00mm, and after homing and running ABL, I center the nozzles and slowly lower Z to 0 (.1mm increments). This is where you get Z offset adjustments.
    - If Z > 0 on the LCD and you cannot get the paper under the nozzle, raise Z by .1mm until you can fit it under there. Then take the Z position, and subtract it from your current offset. Say if Z is .2mm on the LCD when you fit the paper under successfully, you would then set Z offset to 3.80mm (4 - 0.20)
    - If Z = 0 on the LCD and the nozzle is nowhere close to the paper, you will need to raise your Z offset (i.e. add to the 4.00mm offset) until you get to the appropriate offset.

Make sure you save it in motion settings and then save settings to EEPROM to store your changes. I usually make note of mine to update my firmware for next time also, to save time.
    Last edited by dustmann; 08-12-2016 at 08:06 PM.