Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Technician
    Add Wes@MachWax on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you do know that buying guns at gun fairs - gets round all the checks ?
    All you need is a driving licence.

Might not be all states.
    This is true for all private sales. Not just at gun shows. Regular citizens are allowed to sell a firearm as long as they have no knowledge or reasonable suspicion that the potential buyer is not allowed to legally purchase a firearm.

In gun shows, the majority of people who are selling are licensed firearm dealers. The procedure for them to sell at a gun show is no different than they way they sell in their store front. This includes a background check. Which is more than a questionnaire, as previously mentioned. They are legally obligated to ask for ID, fill out the proper paperwork, and call a national database for approval before the transaction can be completed.

While some state laws may require more steps, this is in the minimum that applies to all 50 states here.

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Aardvark, please go to a fair and try to buy a gun with no background check, and tell me how that works out.

Engineer-in-Training
    As I have said, most of those people are not stupid enough to not do a basic check, and a great deal of them are dealers who would lose their licenses.

And by the way, it's still illegal to sell a gun to a felon, no matter where it came from. You can't really make it MORE illegal.

Engineer-in-Training
    Every private sale I have ever witnessed or in some way been involved in, we did a quick circuit court lookup to see if anyone had a criminal history. It's public information.

Most of us don't want our hands, names, or fingerprints anywhere near a gun that might be used for a crime, so we don't sell to shady ass people, and I've never met a gun store sales person or owner who wont straight up deny someone just for saying the wrong thing or even looking suspicious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123