Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Exaggerating the issue doesn't help you know. I had to pay several hundred dollars and pass a background check for mine.
    Buying a gun at a gun fair
    background check person: 'say son do you want a gun ?'
    you: 'yes i do.'
    background check person: 'are you a terrorist and do you have a driving licence ?'
    you: 'no and yes.'
    background check person: ' good enough for me, what gun do you want ?'

Given the form you used to have to fill out when entering the states - that's not as daft as it sounds.
    There was ALWAYS a question asking if you were a terrorist.
    Stupid people used to tick yes for a laugh.
    18 hours and 3 body cavity searches and a little humourous water boarding later - they weren't laughing any more. Customs officers have no sense of humour.

So did you have to buy a LOT of crackerjacks and save up coupons then ?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Buying a gun at a gun fair
    Given the form you used to have to fill out when entering the states - that's not as daft as it sounds.
    There was ALWAYS a question asking if you were a terrorist.
    First the questions ask in various, multiple forms whether or not you have associated with terrorist (et al.) organizations, giving a normal person reason to wonder what kind of idiot terrorist would say yes.

BUT remember that in the US, the constitution technically protects your right to associate with whomever you choose. By asking this question, and the applicant lying about the answer, the perjury laws now provide grounds for action. When the application is signed, you are acknowledging these perjury restrictions and they can be very severe.
    Graham