Close

Hybrid View

Yeah if you are more of a free style artist i would say stick to the pen. With a 3d printer you would have to learn how to use designing software and also design your custom ornaments unless you get pre made designs off the internet.

As an investment to mass produce this things you probably wouldn't make your money back simply because the time it takes to print and also the cost of material. You would be better off just sending your designs to china and getting it mass produced for cheap if thats what you are looking for. They use a molding system which is quick and cheap for mass production although if in the future 3d printers become much quicker at printing then mass producing with 3d printers is likely.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by classone View Post
    Yeah if you are more of a free style artist i would say stick to the pen. With a 3d printer you would have to learn how to use designing software and also design your custom ornaments unless you get pre made designs off the internet.

As an investment to mass produce this things you probably wouldn't make your money back simply because the time it takes to print and also the cost of material. You would be better off just sending your designs to china and getting it mass produced for cheap if thats what you are looking for. They use a molding system which is quick and cheap for mass production although if in the future 3d printers become much quicker at printing then mass producing with 3d printers is likely.
    Even a chinese mold costs tens of thousands of dollars and at least a month to produce with no revisions, so I wouldn't call it quick and cheap.

This is true and generally they ask for a big minimum order quantity which also costs a lot of money but at the end for mass production its cheaper to do it that way than with 3d printers.