Thnx to all with comments and suggestions fr ejcruz, Aardvark and Geoff

I have been away for several days and will be out all next week (aug7-14) but some updates follow as a kind of summary to your comments and added some detail in one lump:

1-Filament dia is what it is supposed to be.
2-I have changed out the 3M plate cover pad once as it had cracked but I think that was caused by a reading of using acetone and alcohol for a thorough cleaning between prints which removed the protective coating on the pad cover and caused cracks in the 3M plate cover and I did it the hard way by not heating the plate first but removing with a putty knife, cleaning the plate with acetone- What a mess but it was OK at the start until this episode.
3-I am still using 3M masking tape first and then heating to 100 degrees and removing to help the stick & release process. It may be unnecessary but I am reluctant to stop a process that has worked in the past but maybe it is just plain wrong and unnecessary
4-I have cleaned the plate only once recently with alcohol after the 3M pad replacement and felt some un-eveness like small waves as I wiped the surface which makes me wonder if over time I left some residue after the first R&R of the 3M plate cover and it is "growing" over time- It is slight but definitely present but seems evenly distributed.
5-I have not had the "heart:" to replace the pad again but...
6-I put a machinist straight edge on the plate (with cover) moved front and back and corner to corner, used a flashlight to shine under the bottom edge and found only very minor light pattern variations way thinner than anything in my shop to measure same (I not longer have the super thin feeler gauges around but much less gap tham a piece of printer paper)
7-I am willing to replace the plate or to overlay it but do not know where to go for a reliable part(s) that will fit - Any hints in this arena?
8-I am willing to go to glass but read several diff ideas and approaches so do not know the better/best alternatives - Any hints in this area?

Once again, thnx for taking your time to respond to my problem.