Close

Student
    Follow rhardman On Twitter Add rhardman on Facebook

Versa3D Kickstarter

Hi guys,

Im launching a project I've been working on for awhile on July 18th. The Versa3D is a exciting product for desktop fabrication. While it is an improved desktop 3D printer, it also has CNC and laser cutting abilities. We wanted to make the product user friendly so we have included a bunch of user friendly features such as wireless printing and control, automatic bed leveling, and automatic edge finding for milling.

Check out out Kickstarter this Monday. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=80cbcb15

www.createall3d.com

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi Richard,

Great idea. So with soft metals, do you mean it could mill Aluminum?
    Because that would basically mean you can create injection molds with it.
    Being able to CNC wooden molds for thermoforming/molding is already a great application for designers.

The price is a bit steep though, especially for a product coming from a new startup.
    I feel it should at least cost less than if one would buy the three machines separately.

Best of luck with your campaign!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    and you need to add a mount for a vacumn hose when milling. You don't want all that crap flaoting around inside a 3d printer or laser engraver.

It seems to be the biggest issue I've seen with these all-in-ones - and there are quite a few around now. Nobody has allowed for a vacumn fitting.
    Yes you could easily design and print your own - but come on it's standard on any industrial saw or cutter. It should be on any machine that includes milling.

$3.499 ! for something that uses off the shelf aluminium 'tubing' for most of it's structure. ie: cheap parts.
    And that's a limited cheap option.
    Looks like final retail porice with all three heads is going to be closer to $5000.
    And you're into similiar price brackets as the hyrel there. Very stiff competition.

I predict you're not going to sell many of these.

You need to look at the other systems offering the same thing and price nearer those. basically anything much over $3-4000 is going to be too high.
    It also needs to have a fully enclosed housing - to improve 3d printing and stop metal or wood dust getting all over your workshop when milling.

had you floated this a couple of years ago - you might have had a chance. but there are now multiple multi-head systems around, some for very reasonable money indeed

check out the z-morph. the full kit is well under $1000 cheaper than youyrs and also includes a paste extruder as well as, printheads, milling and laser.
    https://store.zmorph3d.com/produkt/z...0-sx-full-set/

There are a few more around. either in the same price range or cheaper.

http://www.makerfarm.com/index.php/12-pegasus-kit.html/
    12 inch cube build volume, some linear aluminium as you're using. $675 as a kit.
    The milling and laser probably won't be enough to convince someone to cough up another $4000+ for something that looks very similiar. Yes you're using the gear thing not belts or screws, but again not sure how you convince people it's worth thousands of dollars more than the tried and tested methods.

I wish you good luck, but I think it'll be an uphill climb.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-22-2016 at 06:12 AM.