Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    lol there's no accounting for taste ;-)
    Hi

Goes well with bacon ...

=====

There is indeed a wide range of "stink" associated with ABS. Different people are sensitive to this or that specific "stuff". Filament that drives one person out of the room gagging can be almost un-noticable to somebody else. Get another batch of filament from another vendor ... the first person does not notice an issue and the one that didn't notice anything is now going ... yuck ...

Bob

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

Goes well with bacon ...

=====

There is indeed a wide range of "stink" associated with ABS. Different people are sensitive to this or that specific "stuff". Filament that drives one person out of the room gagging can be almost un-noticable to somebody else. Get another batch of filament from another vendor ... the first person does not notice an issue and the one that didn't notice anything is now going ... yuck ...

Bob
    I don't smell it at all most of the time. By product of my career in plastic injection molding. And when I do smell it, I find it somewhat pleasant as it reminds me of my motorcycles.

ABS is used for the bodywork, and they can get quite warm at times, plus I have done a few repairs on the plastics in my day. Much like how some people love the smell of gasoline, because they spent a lot of time at the races as a kid.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

ABS does not really bug me much either. Occasionally I'll get a batch at a temperature that I will notice. When I do, others generally do not notice it.

Bob