I´ve bought my Prusa i3XL at DIY Tech Shop in Vancouver, Washington 98660. This is a small company but has the prices on several printers, but my decision to buy there was much more related to the fact, that they offering the Prusa i3 as a xl variant with
9"x12"x7" build area. I didn´t found this anywhere else.
The printer was ordered at the end of December and came at the time they promised which was beginnig of February. After a week I managed to put the printer together at least all the mechanical stuff, including the belts and the extruder. I had several problems during assembling the kit e.g. I had to repair some plastic parts and replace nuts or threadened rods. This was one of the really nasty things that many of the nuts didn´t fit on the threaded rods, cause it takes time to find out. Fortunately I´ve many of the needed hardware in stock and a great toolset as well, so I managed to get around almost all problems.
There also were some missing parts: 4x wing nuts, 16x nut 8mm, 2x threadened rods 400mm, 3x endstops. On top of that the firmware provided didn´t meet the reqirements on the printer (e.g. LCD) and there was no answer to my email from DIY Tech Shop whe I asked kindly for some support.. With a lot of help from some forum members here in this forum I finally got the printer nearly working.
After some weeks whith no support or email fron DIY Tech Shop I found out, that they had troubles with hteir mail adress and when I was writing to the new one then I´ve got imediate response. They were great in support to me and I saw that they have the will to solve every problem. Since I live here in Europe they could´nt easily replace the missing parts but they gave me a credit note. I would rate them as reliable and again, they have the cheapest printer out there.