Close

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmc3280 View Post
    So i just found these forums a few days ago.

I'd been having the scraping problem where it pulls my part off of the board. I adjusted the height using the advice in the original post and now my left extruder prints nicely without the right one pulling it off.

Unfortunately the screws holding the extruder in place are not that great and mine was stripped out using the allen wrench that was provided when I tried to calibrate them so that I could use both.

I am considering making another Replicator so I can have 2 of them and just use the other extruder, since it never gets used anyways.

Do you have any advice or insight on how difficult it would be to make another, know where to get the allen screw that is securing the heating element etc?

Rick
    Hi Rick,

The screw is just a simple Grub screw, the same size that is locking in your extruder feeder gear - I have never bought them as a seperate item, but when I buy a hobbed gear, they usually come with a few grub screws (you would have some spares in your other extruder)

But as you said, you may have stripped it a little. This isn't the end of the world.

All that grub screw is doing it pressing against the heating element (the silver bullet thingo) and keeping it in that metal head so it doesn't fall out. It serves no other purpose. The ceramic heater yes, does work a little more efficiently when it is pressed against the metal block inside by the grub screw, but I have also stripped my kossel screw hole - I do not really notice alot of difference. If you are lost and cannot keep the screw tight enough, put the ceramic heater in and tape the absolute crap out of it with the thin kapton tape - basically so the ceramic heater cannot fall out of the metal block.

The hole the heater fits into is pretty snug. It's not exactly flopping around in there so even with it taped together holding it in, it still gets enough contact with the metal block to transfer the heat to the extruder piping.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Student
    Yeah, never leaving your Flashforge unattended is a wise thing. The power supply section on the mobo has issues, there was at least one report of them catching fire, mine fried the power supply socket that goes into the mobo. More on that in separate thread.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - once I see the first layer is down - I just leave her to her own devices.

Sometimes you come back to a mess - sometimes not.

But life's too short to babysit every single print. I have other things that need doing as well.

That said I'm still in the early stage of swearing at makerbot for their truly crappy software and trying to get things without rafts to stick to something: anything !

So long prints aren't a big issue - yet.
    But I've got no problems leaving it printing by itself.

2am seems to be my average stop time at the moment, when I'm playing with the printer :-)

oddly the one thing I've never had a problem with is head drag. Not on the original bed or on any of the glass beds.
    Nozzle I cleared by just unscrewing, soaking in acetone for a few hours and then poking with a nozzle clean kit my mate 'borrowed' from work ;-)
    That said the extruder iss till giving me feed issues I think some of the ninjaflex got stuck in the gears as it was fine before I tried that. So it looks like a complete teardown of the right head is in order anyway.

So glad I've got two heads. can't understand people who remove one. Backup redundancy is always a good thing :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-29-2014 at 05:59 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    as has been mentioned the creator pro is a much improved machine than the straight creator.
    So you shouldn't have the same issues we have :-)

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    If you are interested, I designed this to get rid of the little grub screws. It also increases the contact area on the heat barrier tube since it wraps tightly around it. With the stock design the grub screw will always push the tube to one side and leaves an air gap on the grub screw side.

It is designed to be easy to change the extruder heights and set the to exactly the same height.

http://store.wmdproducts.com/index.p...&product_id=62

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    If you are interested, I designed this to get rid of the little grub screws. It also increases the contact area on the heat barrier tube since it wraps tightly around it. With the stock design the grub screw will always push the tube to one side and leaves an air gap on the grub screw side.

It is designed to be easy to change the extruder heights and set the to exactly the same height.

they are for sale now ? buying one!!
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    they are for sale now ? buying one!!
    Yep, better hurry. lol But making more...

What is the wait time on getting one of these? I see they are on pre-order status?

Just got Creator Pro

I just got a Creator Pro and it drags every print. I believe the head that is printing is dragging the print. I believe I will order your improvement here, but not thinking that will help with my problem. Any help would be appreciated.

MODERATOR NOTE: Post is VERY late to appear due to unexpected problems in obtaining moderator approval.
    Last edited by printbus; 10-10-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Would this upgrade help with Ninjaflex?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast