Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by warkmal View Post
    By the way, I prefer to use thick silicon baking mat cut down to fit. I put one on both sides so I can adjust the height by compressing the silicon more or less by tightening the bolts.
    The mats sound like a pretty good idea to adjust on the fly if needed for whatever reason. Does it introduce any additional slop into the machine though by having a pliable material in there?

i know it seems contradictory, but I wonder if very thin sheets of silicon matting in properly placed sections could act as dampeners and reduce things like corner ringing or if it would make it worse..... Hmmm..

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Grindeddown View Post
    The mats sound like a pretty good idea to adjust on the fly if needed for whatever reason. Does it introduce any additional slop into the machine though by having a pliable material in there?

i know it seems contradictory, but I wonder if very thin sheets of silicon matting in properly placed sections could act as dampeners and reduce things like corner ringing or if it would make it worse..... Hmmm..
    If there's any slop it'll make the ringing worse, but I have it pretty tight and the other sight pretty tighter, so that any motion from it dampens faster than the slowest to dampen vibration. :-)