Close

Hybrid View

I'm struggling to get my extruder nozzles aligned as well and came across the same issue as SL666...the extruder motors must be removed to get to the set screw holding the nozzles in place. On another forum a user said to just shove the extruder all the way into the aluminum block. Seems reasonable but there's insulation around the extruder which likely eliminates any precision here.

i decided to go with your method, with a change: I remounted the whole extruder assembly but without the motors. In their place I used nuts to hold everything in place and could then get to the set screws and align the nozzles to the plate (your method). Once that was done I reinstalles the stepper motors. Crude but effective. Hope this helps someone, as the original post is brilliant, sans manufacturing changes!

Oh, and another question: does it matter if the extruder nozzles are covered with crud, so long as the tips are clean and unobstructed?

And for SL666: whenever I change filament I start by feeding (loading) filament before going into the unload step. Reduces those annoying disassemblies.
    Last edited by HelicopterCrash; 08-14-2015 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Made a mistake...