Several days ago my PowerSpec Pro, which had been working flawlessly for the 6 weeks I've had it (once the noxxle height issue was sorted out) quit printing in the midst of an ABS object. It went through the motions, but didn't extrude filament. When i went to investigate, I found the extruder was clogged. Took it off after trying the usual tricks, and found that the feed motor had jammed filament into the heating tube. Anyway, i got it cleared. In the process of burning off the crud on the nozzle with a propane torch (nozzle removed from extruder, obviously) I managed to deform the nozzle (too much heat). So I ordered a couple of new nozzles. But hey, this printer has two extruders. I only need one.

At this point, my printer got wonky, a great term. I use Simplify3D, btw. Now, when I send a job to the printer, the bed heats up as usual, but then the sucker starts to print before the extruder reaches temperature, with the obvious result. No thingy. Even pre-heating the extruder didn't work. The print would start, but after 10 minutes the extruder stops extruding.

To make matters stranger, this afternoon I replaced the bad nozzle and tried a print using that extruder. But the printer tried to use the un-selected extruder.

So after all that blab, is my printer broken, or is it Simplify3D? Opinions, thoughts, anyone?