Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    I too am not game enough to leave my printing running unattended, hence last couple of nights been going to bed as the sun rises.

Soooooo tired now after 3hrs sleep each day over 4 days.

I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky, Or too stupid to know the difference.I just got my printer to weeks ago, and I've been running it overnight virtually every single night and have not had a single problem.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by guitartoys View Post
    I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky, Or too stupid to know the difference.I just got my printer to weeks ago, and I've been running it overnight virtually every single night and have not had a single problem.
    Most of us don't . I's like Curious... hasn't been able to properly print in ABS, yet for me, it's my preferred plastic.. and I have the older machine. Some people can get warping, some don't... some people need all this cooling fan mumbo jumbo and heated chambers... some dont .. some need to print super hot while others can print the same thing super cold. Some can print faster...

For us practically all having the same machine it's amazing how differently they run. I often think 'man.... am I just lucky? " I read through alot of forums and people having issues and It's like... 'nope... never had that problem.... nope never had that one either..."
    I still have my original motherboard from my FF that has firmware v1.0, it's like my backup that never fails.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Most of us don't . I's like Curious... hasn't been able to properly print in ABS, yet for me, it's my preferred plastic.. and I have the older machine. Some people can get warping, some don't... some people need all this cooling fan mumbo jumbo and heated chambers... some dont .. some need to print super hot while others can print the same thing super cold. Some can print faster...

For us practically all having the same machine it's amazing how differently they run. I often think 'man.... am I just lucky? " I read through alot of forums and people having issues and It's like... 'nope... never had that problem.... nope never had that one either..."
    I still have my original motherboard from my FF that has firmware v1.0, it's like my backup that never fails.
    So i just found these forums a few days ago.

I'd been having the scraping problem where it pulls my part off of the board. I adjusted the height using the advice in the original post and now my left extruder prints nicely without the right one pulling it off.

Unfortunately the screws holding the extruder in place are not that great and mine was stripped out using the allen wrench that was provided when I tried to calibrate them so that I could use both.

I am considering making another Replicator so I can have 2 of them and just use the other extruder, since it never gets used anyways.

Do you have any advice or insight on how difficult it would be to make another, know where to get the allen screw that is securing the heating element etc?

Rick

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickmc3280 View Post
    So i just found these forums a few days ago.

I'd been having the scraping problem where it pulls my part off of the board. I adjusted the height using the advice in the original post and now my left extruder prints nicely without the right one pulling it off.

Unfortunately the screws holding the extruder in place are not that great and mine was stripped out using the allen wrench that was provided when I tried to calibrate them so that I could use both.

I am considering making another Replicator so I can have 2 of them and just use the other extruder, since it never gets used anyways.

Do you have any advice or insight on how difficult it would be to make another, know where to get the allen screw that is securing the heating element etc?

Rick
    Hi Rick,

The screw is just a simple Grub screw, the same size that is locking in your extruder feeder gear - I have never bought them as a seperate item, but when I buy a hobbed gear, they usually come with a few grub screws (you would have some spares in your other extruder)

But as you said, you may have stripped it a little. This isn't the end of the world.

All that grub screw is doing it pressing against the heating element (the silver bullet thingo) and keeping it in that metal head so it doesn't fall out. It serves no other purpose. The ceramic heater yes, does work a little more efficiently when it is pressed against the metal block inside by the grub screw, but I have also stripped my kossel screw hole - I do not really notice alot of difference. If you are lost and cannot keep the screw tight enough, put the ceramic heater in and tape the absolute crap out of it with the thin kapton tape - basically so the ceramic heater cannot fall out of the metal block.

The hole the heater fits into is pretty snug. It's not exactly flopping around in there so even with it taped together holding it in, it still gets enough contact with the metal block to transfer the heat to the extruder piping.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com