Close

Hybrid View

Makes me wonder if we are trying to level our print beds using misaligned nozzles. The leveling would never end....

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    Makes me wonder if we are trying to level our print beds using misaligned nozzles. The leveling would never end....
    That's what drove me to that point to be honest, I just couldn't get mine to stop dragging, I levelled and levelled and levelled until my fingers fell off, I couldn't for the life of me get it to stop dragging - so I was going to remove an extruder and in pulling it apart found that bolt, and decided to see what it would do - turns out it fixed my problem more than I could have hoped for - I can even have a slightly off level bed and it still prints without dragging.

Alot of people I know with dual extruders do not use them, and I can understand that it can be a pain, so even with this method, you could raise one up say, 2-3mm and get it out of the way without having to remove the whole nozzle or even unplug it. And, if you are printing small items, you could still use both extruders as long as you rotate the piece the right way to avoid dragging - and worst case scenario you can just adjust the nut again and get it level.

The trick is getting the nozzles and the bed level right? yeah im still getting around the best way of doing that with our machine, if I find an efficient way I think works well i'll post it, but for now I dont do anything special at all, just alot of trial and error

Great news gentlemen! - this adjustment screw is now on the back (my machine a few weeks old)

which makes it much easier to get to - NOT!

which means you get to do something like this

my notes -

The fan screws hold the stepper motors on.

I think it would have been easier had i unloaded the filament first.

you can put the fan screws into the mounting holes on the bottom of the plate, and mine were spot on the same length - if only i had something the right height to check it against... i did think about printing one... and then was like.. oh yeah.. pieces..

It's hard to measure with calipers - as there are no good parallel surfaces to the nozzles - but i think i did ok.

DSCN7257.jpgDSCN7253.jpgJust so you know the turbofan duct is trash. I found a way to fix this on Thingiverse. (I didn't make it) (Please excuse my terrible picture quality)