Close

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Hybrid View

Looking good!

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Great thinking to have to bottom hinge too!

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Thanks guys! Yeah the bottom hinge is going to make it really easy to access everything during maintenance. The idea came about when making the cardboard prototype and forgetting to tape the bottom to the front

Engineer-in-Training
    Really liking the looks of that! Awesome job so far!!

Technician
    What do you guys think of this? I don't have a printer yet so wanted your thoughts. Not sure how many spools it would take to print all of this, any estimates?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:690543

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtToe View Post
    What do you guys think of this?...
    My main comment is that I learned early in my printer days to avoid Thingiverse listings that don't include pictures of actual printed items. Too many people out there pushing out untested designs... That's a pretty ambitious project for the guy's first and only item on Thingiverse.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    My main comment is that I learned early in my printer days to avoid Thingiverse listings that don't include pictures of actual printed items. Too many people out there pushing out untested designs... That's a pretty ambitious project for the guy's first and only item on Thingiverse.

I was noticing the lack of pics and and 0 Made This indicator and wondring if anyone had in fact tried it. Good insight, thanks

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    It would take way too much time and cost to make that fully 3d printed enclosure. I can't see any benefit of it being a modular enclosure. It's not practical for something so specific to be modular.

Wood is cheap!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    It would take way too much time and cost to make that fully 3d printed enclosure. I can't see any benefit of it being a modular enclosure. It's not practical for something so specific to be modular.

Wood is cheap!
    I was afraid that was going to be the answer, guess I will just have to do like everyone else seems to do and that is get the printer and use it first before I build an enclosure out of wood. I had been debating what color to paint my printer when I get it, and even if I should paint it, then as I was showing my wife various pics of enclosures from this thread she asked if I need to put a clear door on it. She wants a solid door so she "doesn't have to look at all those wires and gears and stuff" So that will radically change my enclosure design.

Have you any of you seen this? It looks like it just sits in the enclosure and scrubs the air. Could work in any enclosure I think.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:125264
    Last edited by SgtToe; 03-17-2015 at 12:52 PM.

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    I was afraid that was going to be the answer, guess I will just have to do like everyone else seems to do and that is get the printer and use it first before I build an enclosure out of wood.
    Yeah I agree with your logic, it's best to see how printing works and what you will want to incorporate in your enclosure after you've been printing for a bit.

She wants a solid door so she "doesn't have to look at all those wires and gears and stuff"
    You can always do this and put an octoprint/raspberry pi webcam in there to view the printing online. Also it would cost about the same as a plexiglass sheet to buy all the stuff needed for an octoprint setup

Have you any of you seen this? It looks like it just sits in the enclosure and scrubs the air. Could work in any enclosure I think.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:125264
    I'd be surprised if this works well enough to not need ventilation at all. In his description he mentions that you should still ventilate.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast