Close

Hybrid View

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Ok so here's what I got so far. I would share the google sketchup file but I don't know how to attach it. Here's a few pictures of what I have so far.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

The acrylic sheets (translucent blue) are 1/8" thick and held on by 1/4" diameter by 1/16" deep neodymium magnets for easy removal. The door has a hinge across the top which is on a sled that will slide with the door across the top of the enclosure. The sled will be made of acrylic and will be held in place with a L bracket made of acrylic so it slides well without needing bearings or rollers. The door is 1/4" acrylic and the rest is is 1/4 plywood.

The air duct section uses a 2.75" fan and there are 88, 1/32" wholes drilled through the plywood in a grid pattern to allow even and limited airflow enter the air duct section. This area ratio of the fan opening to the total area of the holes drilled to be about 14:1 so there will good suction present inside the air duct section. This will then connect to a 4" dryer duct that will exit the house.

To save some cost, I'm thinking of making only the front door and top panel out of acrylic sheet. What do you guys think? Is it useful to be able to see in the sides of your machine?

I have more details to add like weather stripping to seal it in and where I'll be mounting the RAMPS and LCD. Right now I'm thinking of putting them on the top right corner of the wood panel over the air ducting. I'm planning to have a few tops of spice canisters (the kind that allow more spice to flow through the top or none at all as you turn their top plate) to the outside so I can allow none or a variable amount of air into the front, bottom, or sides of the enclosure too allow airflow.

Hope you guys have a great weekend!
    Last edited by gmay3; 04-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.