Close

Hybrid View

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I have taught industrial design at Eindhoven University of Technology and we have been using 3D printers there for over 10 years. For quick iterations FFF printers are used, for high definition and multimaterial models there is an Objet Connex. I am currently doing freelance design projects for local and clients abroad, and still willing to take up teaching jobs if the opportunity arises.

Operating a 3D printer is a quite specialized job if you want to do it well. Therefore I recommend installing just one or two people to gain expertise with the machines.
    A weekend class can give a good basis if a lot of areas around 3D printing are covered, and targeted to specific application areas. In the end it is an ongoing project to operate a 3D printer and will require a lot of dedication.

Thanks for the feed back. A big part of why I host events like this is that I struggled to find an expert like you when I was teaching myself 3D printing. It feels good to lay the foundation for others to have an easier path than I had but yes learning requires dedication