Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    the worry for the materials is galvanic corrosion as the water is heavily salted, and dis-similar metals will give galvanic corrosion is ordinary ocean salt water

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    the worry for the materials is galvanic corrosion as the water is heavily salted, and dis-similar metals will give galvanic corrosion is ordinary ocean salt water
    The brass and aluminum will have no problems with salt water.
    The mesh (I think) is galvanized steel. It is the same mesh that Rylan had picked to ship with the Peachy.
    I just checked some of my other meshes that have spent significant amounts of time in the salt waters part of my "drip" based Peachy. The mesh still looks good. I see no signs of rusting or metal fatigue on these meshes.

The salt water does force one to be cognizant of material choices!

Sounds like you guys have done a ton of work to get towards a working peachy-clone printer using whatever could be salvaged from the fallout of the project. I have hopes of eventually building my own Peachy now after reading through some of your accomplishments. Mostly posting here to keep track of the thread, but being a professional software developer and Arduino programmer myself, if there's any assistance I can offer, please please let me know.

Couple questions, I know initially the Peachy was supposed to run off of common sound cards, that was scrapped because everyone's hardware was different. In the meantime the Raspberry Pi Zero W has arrived on the market, and it is a known quantity when it comes to it's audio circuit. Could something be built around the audio-out on that board, or it's GPIO as it's far more capable than the older Arduino chips. An ESP8266 might also be an option, could be code-compatible with what's out there, and is bit faster. Plus Wifi!

Anyways just my $.02 and hope of eventually having a Peachy-type printer of my own some day.