Close

Hybrid View

Student
    Thanks for the PostImage link and info about the check box!!

Here are a few images that I have taken so far.

Mirror Alignment fail:
    The laser hits the inner corner of the mirror screwing up the beam. Easily fixed.

Here is my completed Peachy printer

Here is my reservoir (2L pop bottle), dripper and print container (~4L glass cylinder).
    I made my print base a bit different. I like it better than the recommended one (so far. We will see after I do a print).

Here is an orientation test. No calibration has been done (although this is part of the calibration itself).
    I was expecting it to draw directly below. Some adjustments are probably required.

I will be doing more experimenting with the drip system tonight then doing the actual calibration for my print container. Because I'm using a larger container, the main tube (that contains the hoses in the print container) is too short for a full container print. The 2L bottle I'm using will need to be changed to a 4L bottle and I will need to make my own cap with holes for it. Easy. I will also need to make some mounts for the Peachy to securely rest on my large print container. I have some ideas stirring.
    I will assemble the recommended 1L and 2L pop bottle setup too.
    I also need to get some UV lights. Sunlight will have to do for now. I will just have to keep the cat from eating my print jobs ;-)

Stay tuned !!!

Jason

Student
    Plastic tweezers would be AWESOME !!!
    I've been poking around fiddling with peachy parts with pens, wires, small screw drivers and if I'm not careful, they get stuck on the magnets. Then i have to get the tool out of the printer without yanking things out of alignment. Plastic tweezers. i need to find me a pair.

I'm also strategizing on how to find out if I still have the second protective layer on the mirrors. I will sacrifice a spare mirror in my research. I'm thinking Q-tips and crazy glue (I don't think that I've loved crazy glue so much !!)

Jason

Student
    Dripper Oddity
    Getting the drip system started seems to be straight forward and easily repeatable.
    -(assuming all hoses properly connected) Have the Return hose and the short Purple hose (see pic above) securly crimped with plastic O's.
    -Have your reservoir above the Print container
    -Squeeze the reservoir until dripping starts. Sometimes it quickly stops so a second short squeeze gets it going.
    -Change the height of the reservoir to change the drip speed.
    -The drips stop when the reservoir is empty

Now...to get the print container to drain back into the reservoir "should" be done like this:
    -Lower the reservoir below the print container
    -uncrimp both crimped hoses
    -watch the reservoir fill
    -Flow stops when the print container water level reaches the bottom of the drain hose (in the print container). The end of that hose should be the same as your print base.

Unfortunately, the return flow isn't working for me.

@Rylan
    What am I missing here?