Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    thej, it is good that you have got to the same point that I have (I got to this point back in april, and have been focusing on the fff printers of mine since then, so you might get the first WORKING peachy v1

Student
    Printer and drip system are fully assembled !!!
    Here are some pics!!

(OK, the forum REFUSES to upload any pics. Is there a size/resolution limit ?!? I have several I will upload once I figure this out. I will keep trying)

I will be doing a proper calibration soon but I have tried a few test patterns already just to make sure the armatures are moving, etc.
    I found that the galvo on the vertical armature is looser than I would like. If I move the printer, it needs to be checked and realigned (most of the time). I am considering glueing it in place or better yet, glueing a piece in it to keep it aligned better. There just seems to be too much play. I will probably make an alteration to the existing galvo DXF and print it :-> (Ooooh... the excitement builds!!!)

This one was interesting. I started a test pattern and saw that the BEAM on the glow paper was an "L" shape!! Checking the mirrors I noticed that the laser was hitting the corner of the mirror. I shifted the mirror down a bit and it is much better :-) I have a great pic but... I can't show you :-(

PRO TIP
    The glow paper needs to be face-up to work! That would be the dull white-ish side.

More to come. Maybe even pics !

Jason
    Last edited by thej; 07-10-2016 at 07:07 PM. Reason: images did not upload

Student
    I'm playing with the drip feed system now to get a good understanding of how it works (and doesn't :-)

I'm using a 2 litre pop bottle for my salt water source and a 4 litre glass cylinder as my print container.
    I found a problem with my dripper. I had made a small hole in the large tube that the print container hoses and drip detector go into. I made the hole to close to the top. What happened is that the drip came off the top aluminum wire, ran down the dripper tube b/c it was right beside it and then streamed over the bottom aluminum wire. Because the tube was so close there was a stream of water not drips. Fail.

I flipped the large tube over, put the drip detector and hose in, cut my drain hose hole BELOW it and the drain hose in the new hole. Solved.

Next issue was drip rate. I was still getting a full stream of water not drips.
    I tried stuffing a plastic piece in the bubbler hose on the reservoir. I thought it would plug it but it almost had no effect. I then realized that the HEIGHT of the reservoir is what regulates it. The bottom of the reservoir should be a bit above the drip detector. You can adjust as required to get the drip rate you want.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by thej View Post
    (OK, the forum REFUSES to upload any pics. Is there a size/resolution limit ?!? I have several I will upload once I figure this out. I will keep trying)
    Have you tried uploading elsewhere and just linking to them? I can do this:

Just post them elsewhere, paste the link and uncheck the copy and reference locally checkbox...
    (There seems to be an error in the config of the board software, it gives an error when you do not uncheck that checkbox!)
    (UPDATE: Just sent a message to the mods about the error)