Close

Hybrid View

Just did a test on glow paper testing out:
    1) Why was it small?
    2) Where's my freakin' rafting!

1) As for the size... I still have no clue why this happened. It was "actually" only about 20% smaller than it was suppose to be.
    My test on glow paper printed at the exact size it was suppose to be.

2) I decide to generate some new gcode and slic3r crashed on me. I restarted slic3r and reset the print settings (they go back to defaults when you restart the program). That's "print settings" not "Printer settings" just to be clear. I then created my gcode, opened it in the Peachy software and ran the print.

The rafting printed !

My guess is that 3lic3r was misbehaving as I had it open for about a month on my laptop.
    Mental note: Restart Slic3r before generation gcode ;-)

more to come...

Quote Originally Posted by Builder1 View Post
    Just did a test on glow paper testing out:
    1) Why was it small?
    2) Where's my freakin' rafting!

1) As for the size... I still have no clue why this happened. It was "actually" only about 20% smaller than it was suppose to be.
    My test on glow paper printed at the exact size it was suppose to be.
    Gotta remember that you are projecting in a cone, so the higher the resin starts, the higher you are on that cone, and thus the print will be smaller in the X/Y ranges, but not in the Z...
    It'll probably be resolved by making sure the software is set correctly for that height, so it can compensate...

MakerJuice G+
    I have very little left anyway. I don't think it's worth saving.
    Great idea though. I haven't dug into the chemistry of these resins.

While were talking about resin chemistry; I noticed that the FTD resins are acrylic based.
    Is this typical of other resins?
    The MakerJuice web site doesn't say say much about their resins, chemically speaking.
    Any thoughts?