Close

Threaded View

Student
    Printer and drip system are fully assembled !!!
    Here are some pics!!

(OK, the forum REFUSES to upload any pics. Is there a size/resolution limit ?!? I have several I will upload once I figure this out. I will keep trying)

I will be doing a proper calibration soon but I have tried a few test patterns already just to make sure the armatures are moving, etc.
    I found that the galvo on the vertical armature is looser than I would like. If I move the printer, it needs to be checked and realigned (most of the time). I am considering glueing it in place or better yet, glueing a piece in it to keep it aligned better. There just seems to be too much play. I will probably make an alteration to the existing galvo DXF and print it :-> (Ooooh... the excitement builds!!!)

This one was interesting. I started a test pattern and saw that the BEAM on the glow paper was an "L" shape!! Checking the mirrors I noticed that the laser was hitting the corner of the mirror. I shifted the mirror down a bit and it is much better :-) I have a great pic but... I can't show you :-(

PRO TIP
    The glow paper needs to be face-up to work! That would be the dull white-ish side.

More to come. Maybe even pics !

Jason
    Last edited by thej; 07-10-2016 at 07:07 PM. Reason: images did not upload