Super Exciting Update !!!

Well... I'm excited anyway :-)
Over the last four days I have been hacking away on the Z-Axis system, testing and coding.
The Arduino code I got from Rylan was unfinished (probably an older version of the code b/c they did have it working at some point) so I've been hacking on that to get the code cleaned up and the Z-Axis working.

I'm pleased to announce that I now have the code working ROCK SOLID with the test models included in the Peachy Software !!!
I ran my last test for 215 layers. No skipped layers and No skipped platform moves !!

Just as I got it working last night a wire broke. So I need to resolder a small circuit to get it back up and running.
I will be upgrading my copy of Cura and slicing some complex models for further testing. There is a planetary gear pump (mentioned in previous posts) that I will use as a test model.

Next up will be trolling the dollar store for a print container and changing the build plate on the Z-Axis.
I have looked around the dollar stores for a viable container before but I was always thinking "drip system". The drip system required the sides to be perfectly vertical or the print would warp due to the widening of the container. That is not a problem now ! The resin level will never move, only the build plate.
It should be easy and cheap to find a container now.

I have also been looking at small aquariums. The smallest I've found so far has been 16"W X 8"D X 8"H. A bit too big. 8x8x8 would be perfect for now. I'll check a few more places.
I also found something really cool at the pet store that I did not expect. A super tiny CO2 regulator for CO2 cartridges !! This is really cool because adding CO2 on top of the resin will allow MUCH faster curing and thus MUCH faster printing !! This regulator requires cartridges with a threaded top (available at the pet store) rather than the cheap air gun style cartridges. This unit is very small and relatively inexpensive. I will definitely get one and test it out...but not till AFTER my talk.

Also on my To DO list.
-Built a lighter, cheaper, better Z-Axis system based on the one I have now.
-Work on my "super secret software" ;-)

15 days to my talk.