Quote Originally Posted by Builder1 View Post
I added 2 close ups.
http://postimg.org/gallery/2va5pcaj8/

There are a few "imperfections" in the print and they were all caused by me. The most obvious two are near the top and near the bottom.
During the print, I move the dripper bottle up or down (usually up) to change the drip speed. I have the bottle on a stack of DVD cases and add cases to the stack as the bottle empties. The less water in the bottle and the higher the level in the Build container, the less effective your syphon will be.

I *really* didn't need to move the drip bottle for this print but I couldn't help myself from tinkering ;-)

Moving the dripper bottle makes sense for print jobs that have large surface areas (slow drip required) that change to very small surface areas. With small surface areas, the laser sits around doing nothing waiting for the resin to reach the new layer. The waiting can be a lot more time than the drawing. This is when you want the drip speed to be faster and thus... raise the bottle to a higher position.

I grab the bottle by it's top (don't squeeze it in the centre!), lift gently, slide DVD case under it and slowly place down. This will cause a brief peak in drip speed. Raising it speeds the drip up and placing it down causes it to sink into the DVD case and thus drop down a bit. If you pick it up too high then put it down, you can create a rapid spike in drip speed and if it is near the end of the wait cycle, the resin will break over the already cured print and cause a distortion in the print.

:-)
That actually explains a lot!
That is why we (as in several people in the community) were looking at things like moving platforms and peristaltic pumps: better control on Z-speed!

Dang, seeing this stuff makes me want to have one too!!!