I'M BACK BABY !!!

Fresh new name, styling' new IP. Encrypted to the core!
Builder1 can't be stopped ;->

In our last episode, Th...er...Builder1 was tinkering with calibration but had a thread stuck on the mirror of the vertical armature. This was warping one side of the square pattern and somehow getting infront of the laser causing a chunk to be missing from the square on the right side.

Removing the thread and trimming it down has resolved the missing chunk and improved the general shape of the square.
...but it's not quite right yet...

Here's a new image of the "Print Area" square (there is also a "square" test pattern but it is smaller)
https://s32.postimg.org/cw1j8euut/Not_Quite_Square.jpg

You can see that the left and right sides have a slight bend about the halfway mark.
The top and bottom sides have a pincushion effect where they are arched inward. I believe this is caused by the mirror being slightly curved. This is the vertical axis mirror that had the thread stuck under it. The arch is better now that the thread is gone but it appears the mirror needs some "reforming".

Also, with aligning the vertical armature galvo. In the Peachy_OrientationTest image you can see the galvo is generally at a 45 deg angle to the frame. That is roughly ideal to centre the laser to the print area. Knowing that will make it much easier to quickly get your laser pointing in the right place :-)

I will be using my Lumix camera rather than my phone (4S) as I can get MUCH better pics, especially close up. I will also do some cropping before posting.

I want to get as perfect a print area as possible before I start doing print jobs b/c I want good prints.. Makes sense..no?

I will also be dragging it around to a few demos in the next couple weeks so I would like to have a few nifty prints to show off (uh oh... dedicating myself to a deadline !!!)

More to come...