Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Hey 3D Printlife, your filaments may be superior but most people go for affordability so it will be better to besides having a premium filament also have a 'housebrand' filament. There is definitely still room to differentiate regarding visual and mechanical properties.

I am testing all the filaments from 3dfilamenten.nl and so far so good, it prints very nicely with good flow and visual quality - only it's more brittle and clogs up the nozzle a bit when staying heated for too long - but that's normal. This is great quality filament!
    I agree. My company isn't really a B2C type of business. We're more B2B. Our customers are Universities who are looking for quality instead of the cheapest option out there. I think our price is very good for what we offer, but for someone looking for a $15 filament, you're not going to find it with us.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    There is a guy selling a stock of 500 1kg rolls of 3mm PLA and ABS from 3dfilamenten.nl in the Netherlands, at less than $7 a roll.
    I bought 24 rolls.

Here is my comparison to Colorfabb and 3DOM filaments:

Colorfabb
    Layer-layer adhesion: 4/5
    Flow: 5/5
    Smoothness of print: 4/5
    Accuracy: 5/5
    Color quality: 5/5
    Flexibility: 4/5

3DOM
    Layer-layer adhesion: 5/5
    Flow: 5/5