For what it's worth, I have some "Cutequeen" PLA from Amazon, and it's definitely not quality stuff. If you need a good finish, stay away from it. With my own prints it is hit and miss, but that's a result of not fully understanding the process. With the default test print the result was much worse than the sample filament that came with the printer, and in fact it wasn't able to complete one of the 4 test files (a swan).

It could be just the white though, so I have a roll of black coming. I know that in injection molding, white colorant seems to often have an adverse affect on the plastic properties. I have never gotten a clear answer as to why, but we have gone through the testing process with a few different whites and all of them show a distinct variation that isn't present with other colors.

That said, it is dirt cheap and works fine for certain things. Paid $13.99 for a kg of it. I'll be using that for all my misc. printing that isn't critical. I will have to order a spool of something good in the near future.