Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I like polymaker filaments.
    I'm not entirely gone on their pla, but then that's probably because I haven't spent enough time dialling it in.
    I do like the fact that it has a slightly roughened surface for extra grip in the extruder. I suspect this would let you print it a high temp and very fast speed.
    Got a reel of orange that i used to make some telescopic legs for a garden trough.

But I'd have polyflex's babies if such a thing were possible. fantastic stuff and a joy to work with.
    I've still got a sample of polywood that I haven't tried yet.
    That's a filament that's supposed to look like wood while having no wood content.

My current favourite white filament is sun-lu. Clean crisp, fast prints at 215c and a really nice feel to the objects. Not as brittle as most white filament. And at £12 kg delivered, what's not to like :-)

My go to filament has been reprapper tech for the last 2 years.
    Doesn't seem to matter what colour you get, it's just great stuff and at the mid-point of the price scale..

Colorfabb wise I've only used their exotics.
    Light blue colorfabb xt coploymer is hands down the best filament I've ever used.
    The stupidly tiny gears I made recently just wouldn't have worked with anything else. It's tough, stiff, a joy to print with and amazingly strong, also certified for food contact. And slightly cheaper than I first thought. so soon as idig3dprinting digs it out of his warehouse, I'm buying a reel.
    Got Lots of little widgets in mind where abs and pla just aren't strong enough or print detailed enough and polyflex is too flexible.
    Plus it'll print the smallest detail your machine can handle.

Haven't tried their pla/pha yet, but am well impressed with the woodfill, so might get a few samples and have a play.

I do have samples of biome3d, not got round to trying it yet.
    The samples I've seen on idig3d's website do look particularly smooth and shiny. So probably worth a try :-)

As fas as layer adhesion and pla goes - never ever had an issue with it.
    You must be printing at too low a temp.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-06-2016 at 08:10 AM.