Quote Originally Posted by 3DTOPO View Post
It is an informational video of what we do here. We go out of our way to discourage others from trying it at home.

How many of these people that you have in mind, just happen to have an induction furnace laying around that is able to melt a pot full of copper at a flip of a switch?

I could only hope that if someone owns *any* type of professional industrial equipment, that they know how to use it properly and safely before attempting to even turn it on.

Note that I spend 5-minutes going over basic metal safety in this video:
Lost PLA 3D Print to Metal Casting; Complete
While you can go hotter with an induction furnace, even people who have put together a home-made melting furnace (like the one in your other video) can do themselves a lot of damage, although I wouldn't exactly describe it as professional industrial equipment. I did watch that video, and I appreciated the safety information you provided in it, which is more than one typically sees on You-tube. You should tell people who watch the other one to watch that one before attempting to duplicate your feats of metal-casting. If you'd used the plaster-sand investment instead of straight sand, that little figurine would have come out better. But like I said, a refractory coating could help a lot.

Andrew Werby
Juxtamorph.com