Close

Threaded View

That surface on the heatbed is a serious PITA to remove the adhesive to upgrade to a glass bed, but worth it. I think the adhesive emits gases and bubbles the surface after a few days printing. I suspect it is off gassing some sort of solvent base in the glue because it stinks when you remove the black plastic surface. Not a big deal, but it will take some elbow grease. I used rubbing alcohol to gum up the adhesive and break it down a bit, then let that dry and used duct tape squares to pull up the adhesive stuck to the heatbed aluminum plate (I tried Goo Off Citrus, had zero effect).

It works pretty well until it has enough heating and cooling cycles to warp it or bubble it, whatever is happening. Use it till its done then be patient getting it off so you don't bend the build plate.

A three point level system is easily achieved by removing the spring on one of the back corners. This balances the build plate on 2 corners diagonally, and you level with the 3rd. Its better than 4 point leveling which is if not done perfectly just flexing the whole plate and creating a roll across it.

Geometric plane is defined by 3 points, adding a 4th that is not EXACTLY matching the plane just creates a bowed surface. 4 corner leveling is a carry over from mill and lathe leveling, where the weight and frame design generally demand 4 or even more supports. For a light build plate 3 is perfect and perfectly appropriate.

Glad your happy with it so far
    Last edited by Milton; 07-03-2016 at 03:02 PM.