Close

Innofil3D Releases New 3D Printing Material, PR01

Innofil3D has just released a new material, along with an entirely new professional lineup. PR01 can be used at speeds previously thought not possible, and retain its material qualities. With a focus on engineering, Innofil3D created this new material for those 3D printing functional parts, prototypes or engaging in low volume production. Print times are reduced by 80% and users will be able to look forward to high quality and integrity as well as good surface finish. Read more at 3DPrint.com: https://3dprint.com/140413/innofil3d...nal-filaments/

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    see it's all well and good saying you can print faster. But the article says that those settings were for 0.1mm layer height.

Which doesn't really speed anything up. You can already print at those speeds with normal filament at that layer height.

To have any real speed increase you need to be able to print at the same speed with 0.2 and 0.3mm layer heights.

Most things I make are 0.3mm so if i orint at 50mm/s at 0.3mm it'll take the same length of time as 150 at 0.1mm.

I've seen several printers printing at 150mm/s and faster with standard filaments at 0.1mm layer height. It's not new.

I've yet to see anyone printing at the same speed at 0.3mm

be interesting to try it for strnegth toughness etc.
    That's probably where they should be concentrating their sales pitch.