Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    The hollow bolt was v1 the vid is v2. Its a E3D hotend with the top groove machined off and a new top hat attached with a hollow flat head screw. The mounting plate was thickened and a tight tolerance brass bushing pressed in and a wave spring is used for retract. Ill snap some pics next time one is off.
    Pics as I was cleaning up the hot ends.

Thanks for posting the photos. That looks really good. How much vertical motion does it produce, and how does it register? Does the washer bottom consistently? Do you get any X/Y artifacts?

I was thinking about something like this over the weekend, and this is very similar to what I was designing in my head, except my imaginary design had a much longer vertical stroke. Perhaps it isn't needed?

What's with the nozzle? That doesn't look like an E3D part.

James

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Pics as I was cleaning up the hot ends.

The wave washer has .022" or .55mm movement and bottom's out each push. X/Y is pretty rock solid. The nozzle is generic and works well ( broke the originals when I was drilling them to 3mm as at the time I could only get 1.75) .
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Thanks for posting the photos. That looks really good. How much vertical motion does it produce, and how does it register? Does the washer bottom consistently? Do you get any X/Y artifacts?

I was thinking about something like this over the weekend, and this is very similar to what I was designing in my head, except my imaginary design had a much longer vertical stroke. Perhaps it isn't needed?

What's with the nozzle? That doesn't look like an E3D part.

James