Quote Originally Posted by Ama-fessional Molder View Post
Pretty much this exactly. Plus, he's working his age. An adult would be laughed at, an enterprising kid garners all kinds of "awws" from people.

My foreman's kid is the same way. Manages to make a ton of money mowing lawns every year, and also manages to spend almost none of it because he keeps talking his dad into paying for fuel and repairs.
Hehe. I would say smart kid, dumb dad.

When my granddaughters started their Lemonade stand several years ago, I took them shopping for the ingredients. I made them price it out. Then work out how much each cup costs. And I took a cut from each cup sold until they paid for the initial ingredients (I cut them some slack on property location and rental ). Then I taught them to save the profits from the next cups to pay for supplies to make the next batch so they didn't have to keep coming back to the bank (me) and asking for a loan. Thats how business works. Unfortunately, the "Gimme Generation" doesn't get that.

Did I mention the two of them were 6 and 8 when they learned that lesson?

She is now 12 (the 8y) and is earning money for her 8th grade class trip by selling candy bars. Only this time she gets how it works and saved to buy the next box without having to be told to do so. God its nice when you actually see a life lesson put into practice.