Close

Threaded View

Hi Jedi Master,
    I've had a QIDI Tech 1 now for a couple weeks, and am a little new to the 3d-printing stuff. I also started having the same issues with the prints as you did, except I was using ABS instead. I later found out that I was not calibrating the print bed correctly. I also found this video that helped me with calibrating the printer tremendously: https://youtu.be/blg9dGSi6Oo?t=1m1s (He calibrates the printer from 1:00 to 3:08). The only difference with calibrating his MakerBot Creator is he has four adjustable springs instead of three, which makes calibrating only a tad harder, since you have to make all the springs coordinate with each other. Make sure you turn on supports if the object has any places that might need it.

The settings I use for PLA: Infill - 15%, Number of Shells (wall thickness) - 1, Feedrate (filament feeding speed) - 100, Travel Feedrate (speed which the extruders move) - 120, Extruder temperature - 220 degrees C (428 F), and the Build Plate temp - 40 degrees C (104 F)

Also, I still have not figured out the LED thing yet. I THINK they borrowed the software from another printer and forgot to remove that feature, but that's just a guess. And also I had so many problems installing the top cover that I just left it off. It's also more convenient when you want to change out the filament.

I hope this helped!
    Calvin
    Last edited by racerclc; 06-10-2016 at 04:36 PM.