Hi,

I've only had my Qidi a little while now too but here's what I've been using to give me good results with PLA. Infill: 15%, Perimeter Shells: 2 (though thats just a preference), Extrusion Multiplier: 0.95, Extruder Temperature: 195, Build Plate: start at 60 C and drop down to 40 C after 5 layers, Speed: 30mm/s and 50% for outline underspeed, Travel Speed: 40mm/s. (Though last night I tried printing at 60mm/s print and 80mm/s travel and the prints turned out great so experimenting to be done there. 80mm/s print and 100mm/s travel did not turn out good at all though, not even close )

I should say I'm using Simplify3D, before I bought it I thought it seemed expensive all things considered but it was definitely worth the money.

The option to change light colour will do nothing on the Qidi unless you want to install a couple of modifications yourself, as Qidi have only fitted the thing with white LED's.

I had problems with the cables hitting the back of the hood as well, so I just removed the back part altogether. I'm also fairly convinced my prints have been better since doing that but its probably a placebo effect brought on by all the other things I'm tinkering with on it.

I also replaced the build plate material, initially with borosilicate glass, it's vastly superior to that god awful blue stuff that the printer came with. But now I'm using Print Bite, oh my god is that stuff awesome.
Since I started using that I can have the bed temperature even lower and so far every single print has stuck like cement, not a lift, curl, peel or anything at all unwanted and I don't have to use hairspray, glue, tape, slurry or anything else now either. Best of all once the bed cools down to around 30C the printed pieces just lift straight off leaving no residue behind.

Geoff, when I turn mine on it shows quite a bit of information so I wasn't able to catch everything, but basically it has Qidi Tech at the top, then something else and the date underneath that and the bottom shows Sailfish v7.8.
I'm probably wrong here, because I've forgotten much of the 180 odd pages of the Qidi thread I read but if I remember right firmware 1.0 is what Qidi were using before switching it over to the Sailfish they are using now.