Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    I found this ethernet shield http://www.banggood.com/Ethernet-Shi...-p-907969.html Is it possible to use this instead of USB?

You'd have to find printer firmware which supports it... Marlin doesn't, but some others do. But, really, if it's the Arduino USB port that's busted (and it sure sounds like it) then you can find an Arduino Mega clone for around the same price.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
    What I do not understand is how I have been using it successfully for 1.5 years without this problem & all of a sudden I have a problem.
    It could be that a windows update, installation of some other software using USB, an update to your host software, or Marlin updates (if you installed any) changed some details in how USB is working.

Quote Originally Posted by PyramidDave View Post
    I had not thought about using a wireless SD card. That is an interesting way to print. Thanks.
    Note that it seems the majority of people using Flashair SD cards are running Sailfish firmware on their printer. If you search for info, you'll find that it can take some effort to get them working under Marlin. Marlin accessing the SD card contents evidently disables the wifi on the card.
    Last edited by printbus; 06-07-2016 at 10:22 AM.