Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
I don't have a dog in this race (thankfully), but If I were an investor, I would have expected at the very least a polished, market ready solution after this much time. From what I saw in this video, that is simply not the case, and even though I understand the technology behind the project, IMO its not a very practical process and is the reason I didn't choose the back the project.

I feel bad for the investors, but I don't in anyway feel bad for the principle parties in the company.
It was always a kit. Some assembly required. They have always made that clear.

As to practicality: you put resin in, you get a print out. What exactly to do find not being practical about it? I mean, my local makerspace has a 1500 USD lolzbot that's completely unusable until someone takes apart the print-head to sort out the jam in it (which will be me, if noone else gets to it before wednesday). Is that more practical? (not to rip on the lolzbot, it's actually a pretty decent extrusion printer.) Anything non-trivial in 3D printing requires some technical expertise, that's just the nature of it.