Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
It was always a kit. Some assembly required. They have always made that clear.

As to practicality: you put resin in, you get a print out. What exactly to do find not being practical about it? I mean, my local makerspace has a 1500 USD lolzbot that's completely unusable until someone takes apart the print-head to sort out the jam in it (which will be me, if noone else gets to it before wednesday). Is that more practical? (not to rip on the lolzbot, it's actually a pretty decent extrusion printer.) Anything non-trivial in 3D printing requires some technical expertise, that's just the nature of it.
It's the nature of this kind of tech... The Fablab here has 3 filament extrusion 3D printers, and only 1 is usable atm. One had to have the dual extruder head replaced and still needs calibrating, the other has a heatbed which is out of alignment, because people can't keep their hands off of the machines while they're printing... So yeah, tinkering is inevitable...

I was too late to get in on the kickstarter, and after I found it, decided to take my time, reading up and following the progress, and wanted to wait until end of this month, when I got extra money, to order it... Not happening at this time...

However if they make them available for purchase, and purchasing one means a backer will get to get one too, then I'm all for it!

I *am* in on a few other kickstarters, and at least one has still not delivered due to scope creep, and by now the tech has been equaled or overtaken by others, and they announced they're trying to find investors because they ran out of money! Stupid and something they were warned about as they kept 'improving' and time went on... It sucks, but I can't let it control my life! I just hope they'll deliver eventually!